This weekend, Mr. Family Brick reminded me about getting Valentine’s Day cards for The Little Brick… of course, I decided instead to create LEGO Valentines!
It wasn’t my first go-to idea. I initially went to Pinterest to see what all the crafty people were making for with their kids. I had ideas for “Let’s stick together, Valentine” gummy bags and “Super Hero” Tootsie pops, but as I made my way to the store, the idea hit me to make something non-edible. Since we have buckets full of LEGO bricks, I thought, “why not make some hearts?”
Once I got home, I did a quick search to see what type of LEGO valentines others had already made. I found tons of great ideas, but ultimately decided I’d stick with making hearts. There are several different hearts to model, using all different types of bricks:
- Make a Lego Heart Instructable (with inverse slopes)
- Lego Valentines (with all 1 x 2 bricks)
- his (LEGO valentine heart made with mostly bricks and just 2 slopes)
- LEGO Valentine’s Day Box (uses mainly slopes and cheese slopes)
But in the end, I went with the following simple build for The Little Brick’s valentines.
In the photo above, you can see the build is very simple: 2 1×2 slopes, 6 2×2 bricks and 2 2×3 bricks. We used these instead of 1x’s simply because we have more 2x’s than the other.
For The Little Brick’s class we had to make 14 total.
I made a cute little printable to go with the LEGO hearts. I got the wording idea from the Clarks Condensed blog and the image of UniKitty from CreativeNyx on DeviantArt. You can download the free LEGO Valentines printable here.
What do you think? Not bad for a quick card making!
Once the wrappers were all printed and cut out, we put the hearts in little baggies and stapled the Valentine’s cards to the bags. I think they turned out pretty decent and The Little Brick is very happy.
If you’re looking for other LEGO valentine ideas, here are a few more I liked:
- Make This: LEGO Accessory Valentine Tutorial – These are rings and necklaces with small plates on which to build.
- free printable valentines – “let’s build” lego bags – These are random LEGO bricks in bags with cute little paper toppers as cards.
- LEGO Valentine Mailbox Necklaces – These are too cute and we’d make them, but we have a mixed class of boys and girls.
- LEGO Valentine’s Day Cards Printable – These involve sweet little cards and just one LEGO brick.
Have you found any other LEGO valentines you’d love to make?