LEGO hardly ever has events that include adult fans of LEGO (AFOLs), but if you like their Facebook page, you sometimes run across them. So if you are wanting to participate, last month, they posted a LEGO Architecture Fill The Gap Building Competition open to all ages.
What is the LEGO Architecture Fill the Gap Building Competition
If you’ve never seen one of the LEGO Architecture Fill The Gap competitions, you’re in for a treat. Announced on the LEGO Architecture Facebook Page, the premise is as follows:
In a world without cars, what would we do with all our roads and bridges? If you have a great answer to that question, this is your chance to win a LEGO Architecture Studio box!
With only white and transparent bricks, build what you would add to a road or a bridge near you, and share the photo using the hashtag #FillTheGap.
What You Can Win In the LEGO Architecture Fill the Gap Building Competition
As you read above, the winner will get a LEGO Architecture Studio box set! This set is 1200+ pieces of awesome white and translucent bricks!
How To Enter The LEGO Architecture Fill the Gap Building Competition
Now you’re probably jumping at the bit to get started. If you want to participate, here are the steps you should take:
From April 25, 2016 to June 5, 2016, participants are asked to upload images of their suggested builds for filling the gap on roads and bridges. Make sure you label your entry using the hashtag #FillTheGap to be considered for a prize. No hashtag, no prize!
- Find a road or a bridge and fill the space with a creative idea generated with only white and/or transparent LEGO bricks. If you’re having trouble coming up with some ideas, find inspiration on the LEGO Architecture Facebook Page.
- Shoot a picture and share it on the LEGO Architecture Facebook Page or on Instragram with #FillTheGap.
You have 3 chances to win as a special panel of judges from the LEGO Group will select the four most interesting pictures every two weeks. The entry rounds are as follows:
- 1st chance: Winners will be chosen among the entries received between April 25 – May 8.
- 2nd chance: Winners will be chosen among the entries received between May 9 – May 22.
- 3rd chance: Winners will be chosen among the entries received between May 23 – June 5.
To get the full terms and conditions for the competition, visit the #FillTheGap – Roads and Bridges Terms and Conditions page.
I plan on entering, because I always find myself looking longingly at the LEGO Architecture Studio boxes when we got the The LEGO Store. If you enter, leave me a link to your entry below! I’d love to see what everyone creates.