If you haven’t joined a LUG, there are tons of great reasons to find one near you. Aside from friendships and lots of fun LEGO meetings, you also get to enter contests like the LEGO Easter Raffle going on right now!
How to Enter the LEGO Easter Raffle
Folks, just so we’re clear, this contest is for members of recognized LUG. This means, if you are not a member of a LUG, you can participate, but you won’t win.
Fortunately for you, LEGO has started a program where certain websites are Recognized LEGO User Groups. This means, if you participate through them, you can actually enter and win. Here are a few websites that are part of the Online LUG program. I’ve linked to the post regarding the LEGO Easter Raffle on their individual websites:
We wish we were one of the RLUG websites, but we weren’t invited to the group this year. Maybe next year. ;) A girl can dream, right?
So for now, you’ll have to go visit an RLUG website, if you are not a member of a LUG, and find out how you can participate through them.
Once you affiliate yourself with a LUG, you can then submit your photo to the RLUG #LEGOEaster Campaign Flickr group. Here are the official rules:
– Take a Easter themed LEGO picture (inspiration can be found using an internet search engine or by taking a look at the work done by Stuck In Plastic and Toy Photographers or some of the other instagram communities we have here on LAN).
– Upload and share the image online (Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook etc), using the hashtag #LEGOEaster
– Share the image in the Flickr Pool “RLUG #LEGOEaster Campaign” as a raffle ticket for the Lucky Draw.
– Add your first name and RLUG/RLFM affilitation along with the #LEGOEaster hashtag in the comment for the image to validate your Lucky Draw entry.
– One entry ticket per picture shared in the Flickr pool – please note that you can only participate once with each image – taking pictures from different angels and uploading them does NOT give additional tickets for the Lucky Draw.
Once the Lucky Draw has been completed the winners will be contacted via Flickr Mail asking for their full name which the Ambassador for the given RLUG/RLFM then will be asked to approve as a member of their community before the prize ships.
What You Could Win in the LEGO Easter Raffle
Once we pass Easter, they will do a Lucky Draw between all the pooled images. They will pick 10 raffle winners, each getting a goodie bag with LEGO-related Easter awesomeness and a medium sized LEGO as well.
What Are Your Chances of Winning
As of right now, there are 183 entries in the raffle pool. So you really do have a good chance to win the prize! Here are a few of my favorite entries so far:
Are you planning on entering the LEGO Easter Raffle? I am!
(Featured image source: Find the Egg by Doomhammer Warpaint on Flickr)