Here you go! Parents with LEGO Friends-crazed kids, this is their moment to shine! There is currently a LEGO Friends Designer Contest open right now. You should get together with your kid and get an entry made. The grand prize is pure awesomeness!
What is the LEGO Friends Designer Contest
If you haven’t come across the LEGO Friends Designer Contest, here is a video describing the contest details:
Announced on the LEGO Facebook Page, the premise is as follows:
YOUR CHILD CAN BECOME A LEGO DESIGNER
Do you have a budding LEGO designer between the age of 6 and 12 in the family?
Then sign up your child for the biggest LEGO Friends building contest ever! We need YOUR creative child’s help to design & build the next hangout place in Heartlake City. One lucky Global Grand Prize Winner can win a trip with their family to the LEGO Group headquarters in Billund, Denmark and collaborate with the LEGO Friends designers to turn the winning idea into a real LEGO Friends playset. You can also try to win a $500 scholarship for your kid and all the new LEGO Friends sets launching in 2017. Contest runs from 26 Dec 2016 – 28 Feb 2017! More details below.
What You Can Win In the LEGO Friends Designer Contest
Here is the grand prize…
- Getting your child’s creation made into a LEGO Friends product
- A mini-doll of your child in Heartlake City as part of the product
- A week-long trip for your child and family to the LEGO Group Headquarters in Billund
Finalist Prizes: 10 Finalists will also win one of each of the LEGO Friends sets launched in the 2017 product assortment. The approximate retail value of each Finalist Prize is $790.
Semifinalist Prizes: 20 semifinalists will each win 1 LEGO Friends set for themselves, and 1 LEGO Friends set for them to give to their best friend. The approximate retail value of each LEGO Friends set to be awarded is $69,99.
How awesome is that?!
How To Enter The LEGO Friends Designer Contest
You can enter the contest in one of two ways. From the LEGO Terms & Conditions of the contest:
You can submit your entry on LEGO.com:
- Get your parents’ permission to go online, and go to the Competition website at LEGO.com/friendsdesigner.
- Click on “I KNOW WHAT TO DO – ENTER NOW”.
- Log in with your LEGO ID or create one for free at https://account2.lego.com/en-us/registration/register (your LEGO ID should have a valid email address for your parent so that we may verify that they consent to your participation and we can contact them).
- Upload 4 pictures of your Inspirational Model, showing it from all sides.
- Tell us the title of your Inspirational Model.
- If you want, write a brief description of what inspired you to create your model—no more than 100 characters.
- Push the “Submit album” button onscreen to complete your Entry.
You can also ask your parents to submit your entry on Facebook. If you are a parent and you wish to submit your kid’s entry, you can do it by following the next steps:
- Open LEGO Friends Facebook application available on LEGO.build/FriendsDesigner
- Upload 4 pictures of you kid’s Inspirational Model, showing it from all sides
- Tell us the title of your kid’s Inspirational Model
- Ask your kid to write a brief description of what inspired them to create their model—no more than 100 characters
- Push the “Submit” button to complete your kid’s Entry.
Submit your entry no later than February 28th, 2017 at 10:00AM EST for your chance to win!
US Residents: Additional Prizes!
For US residents, there is also a bonus giveaway! Titled the “LEGO Friends Forever Sweepstakes”, you get a chance to win the following additional prizes:
You can enter to win one of the 25 prizes including a $500 scholarship and all the new LEGO Friends sets launching in 2017!
You are automatically entered when you submit your entry above. However, if you’d like to participate without submitting an entry, this is the way to do it:
Alternatively, if you meet the age and residency requirements above and wish to enter this Bonus Giveaway without submitting an entry to the LEGO Friends Designer Competition, you may do so by sending an email to LEGOFriendsDesigner@lego.com, and providing your LEGO ID username. Be sure to state “LEGO Friends Forever Sweepstakes” in the email subject line. Submitting an entry to the LEGO Friends Designer Competition will not improve your chances of winning a prize in this Bonus Giveaway. If you do not have a LEGO ID, you may register for one at no cost by following the “LEGO ID” link at the top of the LEGO.com homepage.
How cool is that?