Happy New Year! You would think there would be no surprises about another year rolling around, but here we are, and yes, I am surprised. It was a wonderful year, both in our personal and LEGO lives, and I am nothing if not grateful for all the blessings poured on us.
I’m writing this post much later in the day, because we’ve been out spending time as a family. With me working outside of the house these days, we actually only have 1 family day during the week. I work Monday – Friday and Mr. Family Brick works Tuesday – Saturday. Holiday weeks are an exception, with me getting extra days off and PTO. So we took advantage of it. I’m sure you won’t mind too much. ;)
My grandfather used to say… loosely translated from Spanish… “Don’t go back, even to gain momentum.” While I generally live my life with that in the back of my mind, I do like to take a look back at the blog, to see how far we’ve come.
So, this is The Family Brick’s Year In Review for 2016:
- I wrote 148 posts. Phew. That’s a lot of LEGO writing! That averages out to at least 2 posts a week.
- The site was viewed 195,577 times. That’s way up from the 59,000 views in 2014.
- The busiest day on the blog was September 15th with 5,768 views. Last year, the busiest day on the blog had only 4,040 views.
- The most popular post that day was “Reminder September 2016 LEGO Monthly Mini Build Registration Opens Monday!“.
Top Viewed Posts
- Reminder January 2016 LEGO Monthly Mini Build Registration Opens In 2 Days – December 2015
- LEGO Disney Minifigures Coming 2016 – November 2015
- The Ultimate List of LEGO Holiday Sets – Part 1 – November 2016
- Reminder March 2016 LEGO Monthly Mini Build Registration Opens In 3 Days! – February 2016
- Reminder February 2016 LEGO Monthly Mini Build Registration Opens Tomorrow – January 2016
Again, the majority of most visited posts revolve around the monthly mini builds. However, I’m happy to see that our Ultimate List of LEGO Holiday Sets post made the list of most viewed. It is, after all, the reason I started this blog. LEGO Winter is just awesome.
With my new job, social media fell to the wayside. However, I did continue to automatically post to networks as I could.
Last year, we finished with 65 followers. That was a feat in itself. This year, however, we finished the year with 259 followers! You guys are so awesome to want to keep up with us. We’re flattered. *blush*
I do also use Twitter to auto post our auctions from eBay. If you want to keep up with what LEGO items we have for sale (and you don’t just want to stop by our Shop page), you can do so from The Family Brick Twitter account.
We increased to 133 followers (from the 20 we had last year). I’d love to take more Instagram photos, but my phone continue to be busted and a pain in the rear. I’ll be getting a new phone in October of this year, so when I do… watch out Instagram world! (Suggestions on phones with great cameras? I’m open!)
In the meantime, make sure to follow our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/familybrick/
We finally created a Facebook account this year! 77 of you (or strangers we don’t know) think we’re awesome and liked our page. If you haven’t visited The Family Brick Facebook page, please make sure to stop by and give us a like. We need all the help we can get. ;)
Since I had just started the Pinterest account last year, we are finishing our year with 116 followers. Care to follow us? You can do so here at: http://pinterest.com/thefamilybrick
And that’s a wrap on our 2016 folks! We hope you’ve enjoyed visiting us as much as we’ve enjoyed having you here. The only thing that could make it better is if you stick with us in 2017.